NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY
Real Estate: It's Time to Buy Again
A possible new home shortage and price increases make now the ideal time to buy.
- The affordability of homes will drive buyers back into the market. And the return of the homeowner will start raising prices in many markets in the coming year. Fortune Magazine
- Homes have become more affordable than they have been for years. The share ofincome Americans are paying to own a home is now 20.9% lower than the 15-year average through 2010. Fortune Magazine
- According to Fortune Magazine, the amount of new construction is down approximately 75% since 2006, creating a possible new home shortage in the near future.
- The rate of household formation is expected to climb in the coming years, shrinking any excess supply of housing. Wall Street Journal
- Why rent? In many parts of the country, it's now cheaper to pay a mortgage and other major costs than to rent the same house. Fortune Magazine
- With price increases and a potential shortage looming, the buyers market we've been seeing for the past four years will begin to level out. Fortune Magazine
- Mortgage interest rates are near 50-year lows. A number of economic forces threaten to push up interest rates in the days, months and years to come. Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal: Why It's Time To Buy
Fortune Magazine: It's time to buy again